26 May 2011

Natural Leaven: Day Four












It's getting exciting now. I've just had a look and there is definitely something happening. There were some bubbles, still very liquid and the water was separating from the solids. And the smell was even more sour, I really got a sense of the smell you get from a sourdough bread.
Instructions for today were to remove and throw away three quarters of the mixture and then strain it to remove the raisins. I got rid of the raisins when I was throwing away the excess. The raisins looked very swollen and pale, like all the goodness had been stripped out of them. I then added 100g of water at 20C and mixed it well. Then its just strong white flour today, 125g. The mixture now has the consistency of the sloppy dough. Back into the cupboard with it. Same time same place tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment