12 January 2011

Lacy Snood


So, officially, Happy New Year! And it is a year since I started this project of regaling you with my exploits in baking and knitting. I've enjoyed it and I hope some of you have too.
As it's the New Year I am on a healthy eating kick at the moment in an effort to counteract the excesses of the Christmas period, of which there were many as you can imagine. So I haven't baked a thing this year yet, it feels a bit wrong but it's also good. It means I am concentrating on the knitting. Maybe I could combine the two, knitted cake anyone? NO, knitted food is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. It just feels weird, anytime I see knitted cupcakes I feel a bit...well, sick. Over reaction? I don't think so. So both hobbies will be kept apart except on this blog.
I started a lacy pattern scarf back in September with no real idea of who it was for (although that's most of my projects) and I finished it last week. And it became clear who it was for in the final weeks, a friend's birthday was looming and I thought she would like it. I finished it last week. But rather than leaving it as a scarf I sewed the ends together and got a snood! Very easy and very effective. I got the pattern for it from Knitty.com. It was one of those patterns that took me forever to work out and then once I got it it was easy. There were some "mistakes" along the way but the pattern meant that these aren't really visible (that's my story anyway).
Although it looks like it took me four months to knit it I did do other projects in between. There was the fingerless gloves, the baby wrap-over dress, the baby hat, the baby booties X 2 and the moss stitch scarf. I was being very productive on the quiet.
And now the best part, I can start a new project! Well I started it last weekend and it's already coming along and looking good. It's another lace pattern, I seem to be drawn to them at the moment. More on this project in the coming weeks. Happy baking and knitting and whatever craft you are into at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment