1 March 2010

The K Factor


Have you seen the K Factor? On Harry Hill's TV Burp? Genius. I would have loved to have been in the room when that idea came up the first time! It really makes knitting the new rock 'n roll. This week Knitted Simon Cowell had his head chopped off by a disgruntled reject. Imagine if that happened on the real X Factor (I'm sure many people have wanted to do it) but the great thing about knitted characters is that they can be knitted better! And the winner this week was Harry Hill Meercat, I say again, GENIUS. I will have to think of something to knit for it.
Quick update on the wavy sweater, back and one sleeve are finished and the second sleeve almost there. I will be taking a break from it as I need to do a couple of projects for presents (can't say here what they are as they are for people who may well be reading this. I know, ever the optimist) so I will have news about these once they have been gifted.
Oh, just wanted to tell you about a great shop in Peckham. I was walking from Brockley to Camberwell on Friday and I took the opportunity to drop in to Persepolis a fantastic Persian deli. I have gone past this on the bus for years but this is the first time I have ventured in and am I glad I did. What a treasure trove of spices, cakes and all this Middle Eastern. I bought a couple of spices for a friend (Sumak and Juniper Berries) and some Rose Petals for myself (I'm thinking Turkish Delight?). If you get a chance then give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment